24-11-2021WHY CHOOSE AN AYURVEDIC OIL FOR JOINT PAIN RELIEF
Painful joints. Uncomfortable joint stiffness. Creaking and swelling. We have all experienced this sometime in our lives. Joint pain has become aendemic in India today, with forms of joint pain like arthritis affecting over a 180 million people. Another frightening statistic is that doctors believe that India will become the osteoarthritis capital with over 60 million cases by 2025. This proves that today, it is not just the elders who experience knee pain, joint pain, muscle pain and joint stiffness. Joint pain is heavily prevalent in the 40 – 60 years age group and especially in women. General causes for this are reduction of cartilage in the joints due to increasing age, overwork or being overweight.
The reason why joint pain has become commonplace is because people ignore symptoms at the onset. While medication helps reduce pain, it comes with a host of side-effects that are dangerous for the body in the long run.
A better alternative to manage symptoms is through Ayurveda. According to this ancient healing science, joint pain is vata-related (space and air), which means any imbalance can cause circulation problems with the tissues failing to get nourishment and lubrication. This also causes an accumulation of toxins in the joints which leads to the deterioration and joint pain.
Ayurveda has many classical oils to treat these vata imbalances and provide joint pain relief without any side-effects. Some of the best Ayurvedic joint pain relief oils that have been time-tested and used since centuries to reduce joint pain, relieve swelling and decrease muscle pain are:
- Mahanarayana OilA concoction of several medicinal herbs like Gokshura (Tribulus Terrestris), Arjuna (Terminalia Arjuna), Haldi (Curcuma Longa), Ginger, Clove, etc., this oil has potent anti-inflammatory benefits for the musculoskeletal system. It soothes sore muscles, provides strength to the joints and bones and improves flexibility of the joints.
- Mahamasha OilThis oil is made with a mixture of herbs like Kantakari (Solanum Xanthocarpum), Brihati (Solanum Indicum), Gokshura (Tribulus Terrestris), Gambhari (Gmelina Arborea), Bilva (Aegle Marmelos), etc. It relieves muscle pain by reducing muscular contractions, strengthens muscles, reduces joint aches and also helps relieve tiredness.
- TilTailaA concoction of herbs like VataAnkura (Ficus Benghalensis), Harida (Terminalia Chebula), Manjishtha (Rubia Cordifolia), Lodhra (SymplocosRacemosa) and Haritaki (Chebulic Myrobalan) among others, TilTaila is the most common base oil used in Ayurveda. Enriched with calcium and zinc, it helps maintain bone health, heals bone quicker, maintains joint flexibility and has potent anti-arthritic effects.
- Vishgarbha OilA combination of herbs like ZerKochla (Nux Vomica), Dhatura (Datura Stramonium), Safed Aak (Calotropis Gigantea), Castor oil plant (Ricinus Communis), etc. this anti-inflammatory oil lessens pain, reduces muscle stiffness and improves blood flow and circulation to support healthy range of movement.
- Gaultheria (Wintergreen) OilThe key ingredient of wintergreen berries is an aspirin-like chemical called methyl salicylate which acts as a topical analgesic to relieve muscle spasms and reduce swelling of joints.
- Zandu Ortho Vedic Oil is a mix of these 5 classical oils and over a 100 Ayurvedic herbs. It helps alleviate 20 kinds of musculoskeletal pains like osteoarthritis, myalgia and gout and also strengthen muscles. Not just this, massaging regularly with Zandu Ortho Vedic Oil will offer visible improvement from symptoms like pain, stiffness and swelling to improve mobility and flexibility within 7 days.
If you have noticed these symptoms, start by massaging regularly with Zandu Ortho Vedic Oil for knee and joint pain relief. If pain, swelling and joint stiffness persist over 3 months, please consult your physician.